As a member of U3A Melbourne City, one annual fee entitles you to enrol in a wide range of courses and activities, all held in and around Melbourne’s CBD. There are no additional fees for individual courses.
Please note that enrolments open in November for the following year’s classes. Many book out quickly, so look out for the opening date so you don’t miss out.
If you join after enrolments open in October, you also receive free membership for the remainder of the current year.
EARLY BIRD MEMBERSHIP 2022
Join between 18th October and 26th November 2021 and receive a special Early Bird discount:
Full membership $70
Associate membership $55
|FULL (after 26 Nov 2021)||If U3A Melbourne City is your primary U3A membership||$95.00|
|ASSOCIATE (after 26 Nov 2021)||If you are already a member of another U3A (optional)||$75.00|
|← Scroll to view →|
* If you are already a member of another U3A, you may choose to be an Associate member. However, please read the FAQ to understand the limitations.
N.B. In order to attend face-to-face activities, you must be fully vaccinated. For more information, see our Terms & Conditions.
- Membership does not guarantee enrolment in a particular course (see How to Enrol in Classes).
- Membership fees are non-refundable (read our Refund Policy here)
Are you joining the right U3A? There are over 100 U3A’s across Victoria. Joining here gives you access to courses and activities run by U3A Melbourne City only.
If you need assistance, see our Frequently Asked Questions below, or contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Associate Membership mean?
If you are a member of another U3A, you can choose to join U3A Melbourne City as an Associate. This entitles you to enrol in courses and activities, but not to vote at the AGM. However, be aware that Associate members have lowest priority when enrolling in year-long classes in November. Popular classes are often fully booked before Associate members are able to enrol. For this reason, you may wish to consider becoming a Full member even if you are eligible for Associate.
Will I have to pay any other fees or charges?
There are no additional enrolment fees for individual classes or activities. For some courses, there may be a small extra charge for materials. If your course or group includes attendance at outside events, such as a concert or lunch, these are an additional cost at your own expense.
Are there instructions for the online system?
- Open the MyU3A portal.
- Fill out the form and click “Apply for Membership”.
- On the next screen, choose Full or Associate membership
- Tick the agreement box and click Join.
- Complete the form displayed. All items marked with an asterisk must be filled in.
- Check your details on the Membership Status screen. If any are incorrect, click the “Update Profile” button and change them. Otherwise, click Next, which will take you to the payment screen.
- When you click on the Pay Online button, you will be taken to the Paypal website, where you can pay using your Paypal account or debit/credit card (Visa orMasterCard only).
If you need more help, you can download PDF instructions here.
I can’t use the online system, how do I join?
You can phone or visit the office during office hours and an office volunteer will help you. See contact details and map here.
Is there a discount if I join mid-year?
We have a flat membership fee, which does not vary regardless of when you join. Although our year-long classes start in February, some courses accept late enrolments, and there are many other courses and activities you can begin at any time of year, including short courses, Let’s Do groups, webinars, forums and events.
I have joined, how do I enrol in classes?
What if the class I want is booked out, will I get a refund?
The membership fee does not guarantee enrolment in any particular course, and is non-refundable. You may join the Wait List for your preferred course and you will be notified if a place becomes available.
Do I get a membership card?
Yes. We ask you to collect your membership card from the office, complete the emergency contact information on the back, and always wear it when attending courses and activities. The card not only helps members get to know each other, but has proved invaluable in emergency situations.
I’m concerned about my privacy.
Communications with members
All communications are sent via email so that we expect all members to provide an email address.